The case for document management is clear. Document management saves time and money. Consider the following:
- The cost to file a document is $20.
- It takes an average of 10 minutes to retrieve a file.
- 1 out of 20 documents are lost.
- Approximately 25 hours are spent recreating each lost document.
- Each 4-drawer file cabinet takes up much space and costs about $1500 per year.
- Paper documents do not provide backup for disaster recovery.
- 70% of businesses would fail within 3 weeks if they suffered catastrophic loss of paper-based records.
- A lost document costs between $250 and $400 each.
– Sources: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Gartner Group, Coopers & Lybrand
Document Management For DistributionPlus
DistributionPlus with document management takes the disruptions out of everyday workflows. Needed documents are easily accessible and can be easily viewed, printed, or emailed.
Documents and reports from DistributionPlus are automatically saved within the document management system. External documents are easily added to the document management to be organized and linked to items such as sales orders, vendors, customers, or items.
The document management for DistributionPlus centralizes your documents. It eliminates the need to file, store, and locate documents. It keeps documents safe from being lost or destroyed.
Your customers do not need to contact you for needed documents. Your customers can access their specific documents, including invoices, through the customer portal.
Many industries need to keep test results and certifications for their product. These types of documents can be easily be stored in document management linked to product and lot/serial number.
Packing lists or bill of lading documents often get marked up with various notations. These can all be added to document management and linked with sales orders.
These are only a few examples of applications for document management that can save your company time and money by helping your employees to be more efficient, while also preventing loss or damage to important documents.